About Me

My photo
Welcome to Sandra's Blog my escape is card making l took it up in 2007 after l retired from the Civil Service l am recently Widowed have 3 children all grown up and flown the nest Five grand children Tayla, Nathan, Poppy, Mila & Rio they keep me on my toes l adore then but it's always nice when they go home....lol l like making my own cards and enjoy the challenges it provides Sandra H xxx

Monday 11 September 2017

40th B'day card

Good morning all
My son Shane and his Wife Paula shared their b'days within a week of one an other
They had a fancy dress party which went off so well even the children dressed up 
It was a brilliant night 
Here is a card l made plain and simple but it does get the message across
l used a scollaped card Blue banking card
Marianne Designer papers 
40th Symbol of clipart recoloured it blue 
Computer generated sentiment 3d sticky pads
Easy peasy
And here are some photo's of the fancy dress party
My son Dil and Children
There theme was Toy Story
Paula and Shane Birthday Pair
 This is Poppy as an Alien
 Nathan as Woody
 Tayla Little Bo-peep
My other son Dominic with Caz and baby Mila
The  Wally's
And the Challenge is still running for
Click on the link to join the challenge it's Chrismassy so a Christmas card and the the theme 
Christmas Animals
Thank you for your time
Enjoy your day 
Sandra H xx

23 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely card Sandra and most awesome photos.xx [aNNie]

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely cards and great photos Sandra

Anne

Babs said...

Fabulous card Sandra, everybody looks like they had a lot of fun.enjoy your week.
Hugs Babs x

Sue said...

Sandra, wonderful card, love the papers, nice for guys, and what a fun party, brilliant idea. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Hugs
Sue

Di said...

Brilliant card Sandra - and the photos of the fancy dress party are great! Bet you all had a fun time :)

Thank you for joining us in the Snippets Playground!

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

Ha ha ha - fun pictures of the event and your card looks great too.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

Super card Sandra, great photo's of your lovely family.

Pat xx

downrightcrafty said...

love the photo's and a great card
hugs Kate xx

Kathleen said...

Fabulous card Sandra and love the balloon and papers.
Fantastic photo's, great fancy dress costumes, one wonders what you wore??

Kath x

Mrs A. said...

A perfect 40th Bithday card. Looks like fun was had by all at the party. Love the Wally's. hugs Mrs A.

Sandra H said...

Hi Kathleen my costume was a 1920's Charleston dress with the trimmings ie..........cigarette holder(don't smoke) gloves hat l was taking the photo's so l hadn't any to show off myself although l do know a member of my DIL'S family was taking photo's so hopefully l will get one and enlighten you with my costume x

Marcea said...

Hi there Hun. Great card and fantastic photos xx

scrappymo! said...

All the party goers look to be having a fabulous time!
Your card is great. I think we owned a sports car like the one on your background and we also had a jeep like one of your other cards here!

Darnell said...

My son turns 40 in November! It's a big milestone and I love the card you made for Shane! Terrific design for a guy! Thank you for sharing the fun party photos, too! They all look like they had a blast and can I just say that Nathan is a cutie! Why do boys always get the long lashes?!! Hugs, Darnell

Megan J said...

Hi Sandra, a great 40th birthday card for your son, my brother turns 40 in December. It looks like you had a good time together for the combined birthday party. Have a wonderful week... Megan GD Snippets Playground

Erica said...

The party looks like it was lots of fun and your card is perfect and cute. I need to learn how to work my fonts so I can get the exact sentiments I need. We can't keep buying them all the time. Often I buy a stamp set and only use one or two sentiments. Have a blessed day.

Karen said...

Oh goodness, what delightful pictures! So many memories to treasure. :) Sandra, I am so grateful for every sweet blessing that comes your way! Your card is lovely. The paper is perfect and I love the celebratory balloon image. :) Beautifully done as always, my friend. :)

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

Cheryl said...

Cute card! Looks like a really fun party 😊

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card and love the photos.
luv
Debby

aussie aNNie said...

Sending hugs Sandra..xx [aNNie]

Anonymous said...

I liked the arrows for their help in organizing your notes.
หนังออนไลน์

Merry said...

What fun costumes and love how the whole family went with the one theme.

vaiybora said...

Really a beautiful blog.It is very astonishing and marvelous design.

ดูหนังออนไลน์