About Me

My photo
Welcome to Sandra's Blog my escape is card making l took it up in 2007 after l retired from the Civil Service l am recently Widowed have 3 children all grown up and flown the nest Five grand children Tayla, Nathan, Poppy, Mila & Rio they keep me on my toes l adore then but it's always nice when they go home....lol l like making my own cards and enjoy the challenges it provides Sandra H xxx

Sunday 17 March 2019

Pixies craftwork shop challenge 348

Hello all
Weather still windy wet and cold today
Here is a quick card l put together for the following challenge
l just love this card l am using up lots of 
Snippets 
And to create a card like this makes it all worth while
  It's a technique called 
 "Camouflaging Die cuts"
And all you do is layer the image together to give
This fabulous effect also done the snowflakes too!
Makes the Christmas tree and snowflakes stand out
As 3d but without the 3d sticky pads
As you will see from the side views of the card 
Items used
White card/Kraft and Black card
Lotv Designer pads backing papers
Gems, Crimping Sissors and Sentiment Stamp
Thankyou for your visit
Enjoy your day 
Take care
Sandra H
xx

12 comments:

pinky said...

This is super pretty Sandra. Love the kraft paper and all that bling.

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your snowflake background Sandra ...lovely card

Anne

Kathleen said...

Really super card Sandra, great papers and some really lovely dies, great sentiment stamp too.
Have a lovely week.

Kath x

Gail said...

Really nice card.
Now I'm going to read up on the technique!

Sue said...

What a pretty card, Sandra. Loving the snowflakes on the kraft cardstock and the method of building them up to be 3D. Nicely done.

Hugs
Sue

aussie aNNie said...

Love this Sandra, very nice with the added snowflakes.x
I will be absent from April 10 to May 30, so although I have scheduled posts, but I will not be able to comment on your posts .....

Sue from Oregon said...

Well that tree was really camoflouged! I had to look closely to find it-very cool indeed!

♥ Sue Kment

Pat said...

Lovely card Sandra, great idea using up your snippets.

Pat xx

Darnell said...

What an excellent snippets camel flogged card, Sandra! I've only ever seen the technique done with words before and now I'm slapping my forehead that I never thought to try it with Christmas trees and snowflakes! Genius!! Hugs, Darnell

Di said...

Gorgeous card Sandra - one of my favourite LOTV pads as well! And so clever to use images rather than words for the camouflage technique, as Darnell says!

Hugs

Di xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous creation & I love that new technique
Hugs Shell xx

Jennifer's Vintage Paperie said...

So pretty. Love all the different snowflakes.