About Me

My photo
Welcome to Sandra's Blog my escape is card making l took it up in 2007 after l retired from the Civil Service l am recently Widowed have 3 children all grown up and flown the nest Five grand children Tayla, Nathan, Poppy, Mila & Rio they keep me on my toes l adore then but it's always nice when they go home....lol l like making my own cards and enjoy the challenges it provides Sandra H xxx

Monday 27 June 2011

Another Birthday Coming up!!


Hi Everbody,
Another day Another Challenge, This card is for Penny Black Saturday Challenge Week 157
and the theme is Stitching which l don't do alot off!!......... anyway, thought l would give it ago as l'm really liking these challenges, To begin with l managed to stitched a Zig Zag design on the bottom of the card using 2 colours of cotton Pink + lilac and as l may say so did this by hand!! l don't own a sewing maching!! the card used is White embossed with Hearts which l coloured using my Promarker pens, l added some pearly Pink Adhesive gems, Pink Glitter peel off, Happy Birthday Sentiment and last but not least my Penny Black stamp also coloured with Promarker pens, hope you like this and if your happy with what you see please leave your comments, any comments that you do leave are gratefully appreciated and l read them all, Many Thanks Sandra H xx

http://pennybfriendssaturdaychallenge.blogspot.com/2011/06/penny-black-saturday-challengeweek-157.html

19 comments:

Doreen said...

This is sooo gorgeous.xxx

Di said...

Love it! Di xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

This is so cute Sandra, love the coloured embossed hearts.

Hugs
Maarit

Erica said...

Another hedgie you had fun with...too cute.
Erica

Carol said...

This is really beautiful Sandra, love all the details and well done on the stitching. Carol x

Chris (catt871) said...

SO SO SO SO cute!!!!

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie how are you? I've missed coming over here hun, its surprising what you miss even just for a week or 2 isnt it?
Anyway I love this card its soooo pretty & the Penny Black image is just adorable.
You could also enter this into Crafts & Me Challenges hun as theirs is Stitching, the link is on my blog hun if you dont have it.
Take care sweetie.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

coops said...

gorgeous card sandra.i love the sweet hedgie and your embossed heats are fab :D

xx coops xx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is really gorgeous hun, a stunning creations hugs pops x

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous card Sandra just love that little hedgie

Anne

Rosietoes said...

Super card Sandra. Love the coloured embossing and your crafty stitching!

Edna x

Rochelle said...

Hi, Sandra!

This is such a lovely card! I love it that you colored the embossed hearts on the card. And I think you did great on the stitching! I don't think I can ever stitch to save my life..

I'd like to thank you for your visits and wonderful comments on my blog. :) It's always a pleasure to have you visit!

Hugs,
Rochelle
craftrooms.blogspot.com

Kath Stewart said...

adorable card sandra....thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

Tracey said...

AW this is gorgeous Sandra, I love the pretty colours :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Julie said...

This is lovely - I wouldn't have guess the hearts were done by you embosssing and then colouring - great job!

Any card with the penny black hedghog gets big thumbs up from me as they are so cute! x

Paula said...

Lovely card Sandra - such a cute hedgie!

Paula. x

Heidi said...

Wonderful card Sandra, so much going on and it all fits together magically. Love the embossing,glitter and the hedgie, I posted your candy a couple of days ago now, was hanging on until everyone had contacted me, then found out that one of them was going to canada and apparently there is a postal strike at the mo over there. Typical, eh? so now I have to keep checking the web to see if I can post yet. Hope I don't lose the packet or anything silly, cos we go on our hols soon and it gets a bit hectic here prior to leaving. Just had a wee look at the pic you have of Tayla Rae on your blog, she is so sweet, I am sure that I would have to spend all my time cuddling her when she visits, and the crafting would have to wait. (smiles) have a good weekend hugs heidix

Lynn (delphinoid) said...

Such a adorable card. It's such a cute image. :) X X

MaGoooo said...

I LOVE it! Penny Black has some of the CUTEST stamps out there! This is for sure one & YOU took it over the top!