About Me

My photo
Welcome to Sandra's Blog my escape is card making l took it up in 2007 after l retired from the Civil Service l am recently Widowed have 3 children all grown up and flown the nest Five grand children Tayla, Nathan, Poppy, Mila & Rio they keep me on my toes l adore then but it's always nice when they go home....lol l like making my own cards and enjoy the challenges it provides Sandra H xxx

Sunday 9 February 2020

Pixies challenge 371

Good afternoon to you all
Well did anyone hear the thunder during the night?
As l am writing this post the sun is shinning
After so much rain and wind there are floods
In my neck of the woods l hope your not affected 
And if yes hopefully not to badly
Here is a card l made for a friends birthday
Which was Saturday and she now has the card
So l can now share it with you
Made from snippets of backing paper think Nitwit or First edition
Cut out balloon with my die added pre-coloured image Freebie
And to finish of with a selection of Coloured gems
Thought this photo looked better 

l am going to enter into the challenge below 
Just follow the link if you want to know more
Thank you for calling hope you
Have a lovely day
Sandra H 
xx

20 comments:

Krafty Kows said...

Lovely card. Jeanette

Babs said...

Beautiful card.
Babs x

meg said...

Beautiful card in gorgeous colours and papers

Kathleen said...

A really lovely card Sandra, love the papers and the love sweet image. A really super font on the sentiment and a lovely balloon die.
I hope you don't mind me saying this but when you take a photo of your lovely card you need take on somewhere that is on your eye level, then it does give a really better view of the card. Harrk at me, I really struggle too at taking photo's, I think it is the worst thing about blogging.

Kath xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely card Sandra, the background papers, touch of bling all add to this.. love it..xxx

Sandra H said...

Any advise Kath is very much appreciated to improve the look of the card l will do as you suggest thank you xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous card Sandra, yes we had thunder yesterday afternoon..its calmer today with some sunshine but still windy

Anne

Lynne said...

A fabulous card Sandra and I love the colours of your pretty papers x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, what a great card. We had no thunder but terrible wind and rain over the weekend and now snow today, although its not lying! Hazelxx

Di said...

What a lovely card Sandra, as always. You're so good with detail and perfection - really loving the image too. I did smile at Kath's gentle advice about taking photos of cards 'on a level with them'. If you and Kath saw me doing mine, often in the shower room with the card on a vanity surface, which is often the best place for some nice light in the afternoon. Then I have to sit on the loo beside said surface (sideways) and hunch down to take a photo! Bit like Quasimodo on a bad back day really, sigh. Story of my life.

Hugs

Di xx

Pat said...

Beautiful card Sandra, lovely image, great bp and I love the balloon, I am sure your friend loved it too. Hope you are keeping warm and dry, we have had hail and sleet this morning, after all the rain and local flooding, roll on spring! Have a good day.

Pat xx

Debbie said...

Oh what a beauty you've created hun. So beautiful. I love the image and papers. Stay safe n this yukky weather. Big hugs xx

Sarn said...

Hi Sandra

I really love the look of this card . . . great image and I ADORE the font on the birthday sentiment.

Have a good day.

Sarn x

pinky said...

This is a really gorgeous card Sandra. Loving your backing papers too. We have had snow this last two days and hope it clears away very quickly!!

Sue said...

Love the plaid paper and lovely image. Always love your signature scalloped edge cards, Sandra.

Hugs
Sue

Mrs A. said...

Yep taking photos of said cards is always a bind. I am often on my knees to get the right angle. Love your pretty card. Bet your friend loved it. Right in the middle of storm Dennis at present. Just lost a small tree in the back garden. Sheered clean off leaving about a foot stuck up out of the ground. Have tethered it together to,stop from blowing round the garden and causing more damage. I think it is much worse then last weeks storm. Hope your staying safe. Hugs Mrs A.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fabulous make hun, love the image & your gems are perfect
Hope your staying safe & warm
Hugs Shell xx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card what a great image.
luv
Debby

aussie aNNie said...

Thanks for your comments Sandra, sending hugs.x

Blankina said...

lovely image and birthday card , hugs Blankina